January 28, 2016

The Rock: January 28, 2016

TODAY’S WORD FOR THURSDAY JANUARY 28 2016.

THE ROCK

DEFINITION:

A foundation; strength; a large stone or cliff symbolic of shelter or safety.

SCRIPTURE:

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, the God of my strength, in whom will I trust, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my Savior. II Samuel 22: 2-3.

KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:

These verses in II Samuel are David’s song of praise to God on the day that God delivered David from his enemies and from Saul. David was the greatest king of Israel, but he is remembered for his deep devotion to God. God called David a man after His own heart in Acts 13:22. David’s faith in God never wavered. He always acknowledged that the Lord was his rock and fortress and that it was God who gave him his victories.

Most families have one person who stands out and is considered THE ROCK for the family. That person seems to be always available when needed for counseling, advice or comfort.

The believer has his or her rock and that is God. In Psalm 31:3 the psalmist tells us: “For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore for Your names sake lead me and guide me.” When we put our complete trust in Him, He will strengthen us and guide us every day through the ups and downs of our life.

God is our “ROCK” and He is always with us. In Ezekiel 35:10 it reads, “Whereas the Lord was there.” After Israel and Judah had been destroyed by the Assyrians and the Babylonians because of their rejecting God, the princes of Edom saw this whole country desolate and felt they could easily conquer the land. But they ran into difficulty that they did not count on. This land was the Promised Land that God had chosen for His people, the Children of Israel and even though they had fallen away from God, the land was still God’s chosen land for His people.

God was there and Edom met up with God’s judgement for their arrogance in trying to take what was God’s. God’s judgement brought about Edom’s total destruction and there are no Edomite’s today.

When the world seems to be against us we need to remember that we belong to God and He is always with us. He is our comfort in times of trouble, our rock in times of insecurity and our strength in times of spiritual conflicts. We are constantly opposed by the evil in this world and yet we are preserved because He is always by our side.



LEARNING:

Our memory verse for this week is found in II Chronicles 7:14.

If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

PRAYER:

Thank You for being my rock and my strength as I walk through my valleys and over my mountains each day. Help me to rely on You so that You can use me to the fullest. Give me the strength and commitment to be the rock you need to bring glory to Your name.



Special Price
Only $10.00
Click Here for More

ONE FINAL SUGGESTION.
If you have not received your FREE BOOKMARK from us, please click on either:


or

Write Ken and Dottie a note

And we will send one to you.
It includes 10 golden rules for a happy family.


Welcome ~ Ministry Programs ~ Make a Donation ~ Product Catalog
Family Prayer Partners
~ Family Devotional ~ Statement of Faith ~ Contact Us

 

Copyright©2009. All Rights Reserved. The content of this Christian religious blog dedicated to
bringing Bibles to people all over the world is owned exclusively by World Bible Society. Legal Disclaimer

Christian Religious Blog and Website Design by Flagstaff Central.com, Inc.
Content Management System Powered by iUpdateIt.com