June 15, 2014

Wait: June 11, 2014

TODAYS WORD FOR WEDNESDAY JUNE 11, 2014.

WAIT

DEFINITION:

To remain inactive until something expected happens; in readiness; to patiently anticipate.

SCRIPTURE:

Boast about His Holy name. Let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Seek the Lord and the strength He gives. Psalms 105:3-4

KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:

Jerome, one of the early Christians said, “Ignorance of the Bible means ignorance of Christ.” Job once said, “I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.” Jeremiah said, “Thy words were found and I did eat them; and thy Word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart.”

To read the Bible one needs a quiet time. We remember Billy Graham responding to a question, “How do you maintain your spiritual high?” “What do you do on a daily basis?” The answer was very simple when he said, “I have a quiet time with God every day.”

Without a quiet time when one sets some time aside in the morning, at noon or night to read and study the Bible and pray one cannot maintain a spiritual high and one’s life would be like a wilderness.

In this age of instant messaging we have come to expect instant answers and gratification. Waiting for God’s answers and for His timing is not easy. We can miss God’s blessings unless we go through the trial of waiting.

David wrote in Psalms 40:1-3 that he received four blessings because he waited patiently for the Lord. These blessings were:

1.    I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire. (He lifted David out of his despair.)

2.    He set my feet on a rock. (The Lord was his rock and redeemer. Psalm 19:14)

3.    He gave me a firm place to stand. (He gave David sure footing in his walk with the Lord)

4.    He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to God. (He turned David’s sorrow to joy)

Isaiah said in Isaiah 40:31, “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”

As the prophet suggests, gain the strength of an eagle and set a time each day when you can spend a few minutes alone with God. And then just wait for Him to lead you and do wonders in your life.

LEARNING:

Our memory verse for this week is found in Romans 3:23.

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

PRAYER:

Dear Lord, teach me to wait upon You, that I may know Your strength. Help me to be patient and wait for You to respond to me so that what I do might be done according to Your will, not mine.


Welcome ~ Ministry Programs ~ Make a Donation ~ Product Catalog
Family Prayer Partners
~ Family Devotional ~ Statement of Faith ~ Contact Us

 

Copyright©2009. All Rights Reserved. The content of this Christian religious blog dedicated to
bringing Bibles to people all over the world is owned exclusively by World Bible Society. Legal Disclaimer

Christian Religious Blog and Website Design by Flagstaff Central.com, Inc.
Content Management System Powered by iUpdateIt.com