November 24, 2013

Think: November 22, 2013



TODAY’S WORD FOR FRIDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2013.

THINK

DEFINITION:

Form a mental concept of; hold as a belief or opinion; exercise the mind; to employ one's mind rationally in evaluating a situation.

SCRIPTURE:

For as a man thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7.

KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:

We are often asked how to develop a Godly attitude in our daily living. Much of our actions and our desires are controlled by the way we think. Our thoughts motivate us to do the things we do. Many people we talk to have an inferior feeling due to fear that has come from sin in their life and they have a constant fear and want to overcome this fear.

Following are a few principles that if they become part of your daily thinking they will motivate a change in your attitude from fear to faith. Allowing these principles to guide your daily thought process will soon help you to develop a positive Godly mental attitude.

Here are eight constructive suggestions that you can think about daily and apply then to your life as necessary.
             Today I will think like a dynamic servant of God because as the scripture says (above), I am what I think
             I am not always what I think I am; I am what I think. 
             I am not what I eat; I am what I think.
             Clothes do not make the man or woman; thinking makes the man or woman.
             I will keep my thought processes active and open to the voice of God.
             God did not call me to a life of failure, but to a life of success.
             I cannot fail as long as I do His will. I will allow Him to work in and through me today, motivating my every thought.
             Because my God is a great God, I will think with confidence on every issue that comes my way knowing that my thoughts never can be greater than my God's. 
Make your commitment today to think like a dynamic servant of God. A dynamic servant of God thinks by faith and not with or by fear. You think by choice. You can think good or you can think evil. It is your choice but remember you cannot have it both ways, by thinking good and evil at the same time. We really have two ways to think, the righteous way or the unrighteous way.

In Isaiah 55:8-9 it reads: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." When you really want to work at your thinking process remember to keep your thought process, your thinking, focused on the Word of God and open to the voice of God. Learn to listen for God's voice.

LEARNING:

Our memory verse for this week is found in I Timothy 1:15.

It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.

PRAYER:

Help me to be alert so that when my spiritual alarm goes off I will be quick to draw back and reject any unwise choices. Help me to realize that my conscience is not designed to be my guide but it is a tool of the Holy Spirit dealing within me. Help me to be submissive to the Holy Spirit so I can conform to the likeness of Christ.


Welcome ~ Ministry Programs ~ Make a Donation ~ Product Catalog
Family Prayer Partners
~ Family Devotional ~ Statement of Faith ~ Contact Us

 

Copyright©2009. All Rights Reserved. The content of this Christian religious blog dedicated to
bringing Bibles to people all over the world is owned exclusively by World Bible Society. Legal Disclaimer

Christian Religious Blog and Website Design by Flagstaff Central.com, Inc.
Content Management System Powered by iUpdateIt.com